The holy bible is a godly book that every leader or non-leader should read regardless of whether they work for a secular or non-secular organization.
In this short article I will share with you 25 ways people display pride in their lives. Pride is a cancer that brings much suffering to the prideful as well as their victims.
Remember: “The wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). Pride is a sin. Perhaps the worse sin of all.
Here we go.
- Talking too much (Proverbs 10:19).
- Being deceitful by covering up sins, faults, and mistakes (Proverbs 11:2).
- Not having close relationships (Hebrews 10:24-25).
- Being devastated or angered by criticism (Proverbs 13:1).
- Lack of admitting when they are wrong (Proverbs 10:17).
- Talking too much about themselves (Galatians 6:3).
- Being unteachable (John 9:13-34).
- Being sarcastic, hurtful or degrading (Proverbs 12:18).
- A lack of gratitude (2 Chronicles 32:24-25).
- Displays of anger (Matthew 5:21-26).
- Having an inflated view of their importance (1 Corinthians 4:7).
- Having an inflated view of their gifts and abilities (1 Corinthians 4:7).
- Attention grabbing (1 Corinthians 12:14-25).
- Perfectionism (Matthew 23:24-35).
- Being independent or trying to control others (Ephesians 5:21).
- Being consumed with what others think (Galatians 1:10).
- Lack of serving others (Colossians 5:13).
- Lack of compassion (Matthew 5:7).
- Never ask for forgiveness (Matthew 5:23-24).
- Lack of praying (Luke 18:10-14).
- Being disrespectful (1 Peter 2:13-17).
- Voicing preferences and opinions when not asked (Philippians 2:1-4).
- Being impatient… irritable (Colossians 3:12).
- Being jealous or envious (1 Corinthians 13:4).
- Using other people (Matthew 7-12).
We are to put aside pride and turn our eyes to God. Pride is destructive, self-centered and evil. Humility is constructive and godly. Flee from pride and love others. Thank you for reading.