In Colossians 2:8 we learn, “See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.”
We need to test, test, and test more the veracity of people’s words and their vague promises and match them to their unconsciously expressed non-verbal behaviors. We need to trust the discernment that the Lord has given us for our own sake.
For example, when an industrial leader claims that his organization has been doing “what is right and necessary” to protect the goodwill of his staff members when in fact he isn’t, be aware.
Let me give you an example of this…
Institutions that fail to hire minority candidates for their open positions and after they hire them they push these minority employees out, be on the alert. You may have a racist leader in disguise in power seeking for the first opportunity they have to nuke you. Hypocrisy is easy to spot when we pay close attention to these former expressed conditions, by the way.
Charlatans are even easier to spot. They sometimes hide behind a cult like movement that they themselves create. They understand human beings’ desire to believe in something bigger than themselves, as Robert Greene once stated in his book “48 Laws of Power” and create calculated mechanisms to carry out their plans including:
1. Finding a way to gain attention through speeches.
2. Promising something great to their prey.
3. Emphasizing visual splendor.
4. Amusing the bored.
5. Giving the prey spectacles.
6. Creating rituals for their followers.
7. Creating a clear organization hierarchy.
8. Talking and acting like a prophet.
9. Being seen as the real power, guru.
10. Disguising his source of income.
11. Creating the illusion that their followers belong to an exclusive club.
12. Using spies to know everything that is going on in the organization.
13. Getting rid of opposition and creative thinking.
Oh Lord, how much more time do we need to wait until you come back? I see so much deception, I see so much oppression, I see so little regard for people with a passion, I see so little action against repression.
Brethren, pay close attention to people’s’ behaviors and the schemes they plan and execute to justify the atrocities that they carry for self gain.
You are a son or a daughter of the living God. Always be on the alert… It’s the best policy. Be blessed.