Dr. A is a college professor teaching students how to better communicate no matter the media but creating balance with technomoderation. He is actively involved in the learning of his students by engaging in active learning activities, by using simple lectures, games, teams and even flipping the classroom.
These are a sample of classes taught by Dr. A throughout his career.
- Communications Media in American Society, Undergraduate Course, COMM 101
- Web Design, Undergraduate Course, COMM 260
- Introduction to Photography, Undergraduate Course, COMM 271
- Photojournalism, Undergraduate Course, COMM 331
- Communication Research Methods, Undergraduate Course COMM 300
- Scriptwriting, Undergraduate Course, COMM 303
- Short Document Design, Undergraduate Course, COM 308
- Intercultural Communication, Undergraduate Course COMM 354
- Innovation and Social Media, Undergraduate Course, DIGM 365
- Intro to Integrated Marketing Communications, Undergraduate Course, MC 330
- Multimedia I: Theory and Practice, Undergraduate Course, COM 319
- Multimedia II: Advanced Multimedia ,Undergraduate Course, COM 419
- Advertising and Marketing, Undergraduate Course, MC 425
- Integrated Marketing Communications, Undergraduate Course, COMM 426
- Advertising Campaigns, Undergraduate Course, MC 473
- Digital Media Seminar, Undergraduate Course, COM 495
- Seminar in Communications Media, Graduate Course, MC 550
- Culture of Cyberspace, PHD Course, COMM 900
- Advanced Research Methods in Communications Media, PHD Course, COMM 910
Keeping up with the market and what companies are really looking for drives his classroom experience so that students may have an edge up and stand out for potential employers. His classrooms very rarely have a dull moment with incorporated guest speakers, videos and his biggest asset, his charisma. Dr. A is the Students’ Professor.
Mercedes, student at Lee University, Giving a testimonial about Dr. A
Grace, student at Lee University, giving a testimonial about IMC
Dr. A believes that the use of video games in the classroom changes the education experience of the students in his classes.
He is a proponent of Game-Based Learning (GBL) in the classroom and its direct applications in the acquisition of factual and conceptual knowledge between and among subjects.
Dr. Luis Camillo Almeida has taught over 1500 students and have trained 35 different business owners in his career as a professor and trainer. Dr. “A” is an educator of present who inspires students and clients to think critically about the need to disconnect and live a balanced life in the workplace. Dr. A’s knowledge of technology is vast which has helped him to train thousands of college students with understanding the importance of living a life of moderation in the 21st century.
Dr. A’s has experience in leadership positions. He has served as a unit leader of two university departments in his career as a college professor and has helped a start-up to be profitable in two years after its inception leading to the sale of that business. He was mentored by a former Ohio State University upper administrator and a longtime time department chair (30 years) which has shaped the way Dr. A operates in higher education.
In his career, Dr. “A” has served as Master of Ceremonies in college graduations, has published books, 24 academic articles and over 70 conference presentations in conferences, and has distinctively served all his employers (Penn State, Waynesburg University, IUP, and Jackson State) in a number of college committees and university sponsored events. He is a caring professor who also takes pride in attending student’s graduations and ceremonies and teaching courses with excellence -> Evidence Of teaching
Always ready to help, Dr. “A” is a college professor of the present who currently teaches courses in Mass Communications at Lee University. Dr. A teaches students to critically think about both the positives and negatives of technology from a cognitive constructivist perspective.
He attends technology and teaching conferences and presentations on a regular basis. Dr. A has been praised by a number of his colleagues and higher academic administrators as well as two directors of continuing education for his work with Summer camps.
Dr. A engaging with students in a planned international banquet at Lee University
First letter of Tenure Containing details who why Dr. A received this honor the first time.
Dr. “A” has placed students in a wide variety of industries ranging from marketing firms, media corporations, training companies, universities, sport franchises, telecommunication industries and health organizations to name a few. The list below represents just a a fraction of the companies Dr. A’s students get jobs in.